Congratulations to all of the ghosts and ghouls in the Town of Firestone, as we’ve once again been named the top trick-or-treat town in Colorado! USA Today published the top trick-or-treat towns in each state based on an analysis by 24/7 Wall Street, a financial news and opinion company. Firestone was ranked in the top among thousands of towns on measures related to the trick-or-treating experience, including:
They also considered the number of nearby Halloween-themed businesses such as costume stores and haunted houses, including Fear of the Dark Haunted House (Ft. Collins) and Nightmare City Haunted House (Greeley). The Town of Firestone was the top pick for Colorado trick-or-treat towns out of our state’s 271 incorporated municipalities.
We look forward to seeing you at all of the Town’s Halloween festivities in the coming weeks, including trick-or-treating on Oct. 31!
Halloween Safe Night | Friday, October 26, 2018, 5 to 8 p.m. | Firestone Regional Sports Complex, 6850 Tilbury Ave.
Enjoy Halloween in a safe environment with the Firestone Police Department. This event includes carnival style games to challenge every age, a trackless train for fun rides, inflatables, food trucks, safety handouts and a goody bag for attendees.
General Election – Nov. 6
Don’t forget to exercise your right to vote! The 2018 Weld County General Election will be a mail-in ballot election. Oct. 29, 2018 will be the last day to mail your ballots. If you miss that deadline, you can still vote through Election Day, Nov. 6, by dropping off your completed ballot at one of the following locations or by voting in-person at an Early Voting or Election Day Voter Service and Polling Center (VSPC) Location. The nearest ballot drop-off locations for Firestone residents are:
For additional information about the Weld County General Election, please visit www.weldgov.com
McClure Street Extension & Expansion
While the McClure street extension and expansion project continues, due to inclement weather, completion is now slated for mid-November. Please slow down and keep an eye out for the men and women who are working at this site as you drive in the area.
Carbon Valley Santa Cops
The Carbon Valley Santa Cops program is an annual program of the Firestone, Frederick and Dacono Police Departments to provide a gift, warm winter clothing and necessities to children and families in need during the holiday season.
Below are several upcoming dates, and ways that you can help support Santa Cops.
November 15: Referrals Due
December 5: Shopping
December 8: Wrapping
December 9: Families Meet Santa
• Nominate a Family: If you’re aware of a family in need, please contact the Firestone Police Department for a nomination form.
• Give a Gift: Purchase an unwrapped child’s toy/clothing for ages birth to 16 years and drop it off at the Firestone Police Department.
• Host a Drive: Host a drive at your business or organization to collect toys, hats and gloves, school supplies and more.
• Donate: Make a contribution by cash or check. Mail to: Firestone Police Department, P.O. Box 100, Firestone, CO 80520
• Sponsor a Family: Contact the Firestone Police Department by calling 303-833-0811 for more details on families who need a sponsor.
• Sharing Tree: Pick a special ornament from the Town Hall Holiday tree and purchase a gift.
• Shoppers: We need volunteer shoppers willing to help select gifts for children.
• Gift Wrapping & Sorting: Help wrap and sort gifts.
Thanks to you for making the Town of Firestone such a great place to live and work. As always, I can be reached at email@example.com, and I appreciate your ideas and input.
Bobbi Sindelar, Mayor