Lineup: 9 a.m. at Thunder Valley K-8, 600 Fifth St., Frederick
Parade Start Time: 10 a.m.
Parade Awards: 12 p.m., Miners Park, 170 Grant Ave., Firestone
Parade Deadline: Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 5 p.m.
Award Categories: Best in Parade, Best Float, Best Spirit, Best Patriotic Presentation, Best Marching and Musical, Best Classic Vehicle, Best Decorated Bicycle
Parade participants can begin lineup at 9:00 a.m., and must be in place by 9:45 a.m. Parade will begin sharply at 10:00 a.m.
Parade lineup and information will be emailed to you by Wednesday June 27, 2018, and will also be available the day of the event at the Parade Check In. All parade entrants must check in at the Parade Check In table between 9:00 and 9:30 a.m. Parade participants with concerns about their parade line-up location must contact Ashley M Clark, Events & Programming Coordinator, NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m. of Friday, June 29, 2018. The Town of Firestone reserves the right to change parade line-up order and dimensions due to event logistics.
● Parade lineup begins at 9:00 a.m. at Thunder Valley K-8, 600 Fifth St., Frederick.
● All parade participants must check in at the Parade Check In table to get their number. The number must be clearly displayed on the entry in order to be judged.
● All parade participants must be in place by 9:45 a.m.
● The parade will start sharply at 10:00 a.m.
● Please be careful when throwing candy or handouts from vehicles or floats. This creates dangerous situations for children running into the middle of the parade route with motorized vehicles. If you want to distribute candy or other items to spectators, we encourage participants walk candy or handouts to children and spectators, or walkers can throw candy along the street edge.
● No shooting Silly String or water guns from vehicles or floats.
● Keep pace with other parade participants.
● Classic truck, car and hot rod entries are encouraged to also join the free Classic Car Show at the conclusion of the parade that goes until 4:00 p.m. Please make sure to fill out both the Parade Application and Classic Car Show Application if you wish to be a part of both.
● Parade entries must not have any feature that exceeds 12 feet tall (this minimum height is contingent upon the phone and electrical lines that are suspended over the parade route).
● Alcoholic beverages, drugs and tobacco are forbidden on any float, in any vehicle or by any participant. Participants consuming these drugs prior to or during the parade will be removed from the lineup. All Town, county and Colorado state statues concerning the consumption of alcoholic beverages will be strictly enforced by the police before, during and after the parade.
● Drivers of any and all vehicles in the parade areas must possess a valid driver’s license, be at least 18 years old and possess all liability vehicle insurance.
● Exhibitions of speed or reckless driving, (wheelies, peeling out, burnouts, etc.) are not permitted.
● Participants must continue through the intersection of First and Grant streets in Firestone and continue north until the end of the parade route behind Ace Hardware. Participants can choose to de-stage in the Ace or Safeway parking lot, or in the field to the north of Town Hall. Disabled Veterans can opt to de-stage and unload at the VFW and American Legion Post 1985.
● Plaques will be awarded for first place winners in each category. Certificates will be awarded for second and third place winners in each category.
● Violators of these rules will result in a minimum one-year suspension from the parade in the following year, and may be subject to even harsher penalties.
● In case of inclement weather, the 4th at Firestone celebration will be rescheduled on Thursday, July 5, 2018.
By signing below, parade participant recognizes and acknowledges that he or she assumes full risk of any injuries, property damage or loss which he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the 4th at Firestone. Further, parade participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Town of Firestone, its officers, employees and insurers from any and all liability for any damage, loss, injury or costs associated with or arising from his or her acts or omissions in connection with his or her participation in the 4th at Firestone. By signing below, the parade participant agrees to all rules and regulations of the 4th at Firestone brought forth on this application.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field