18th Annual 4th at Firestone
- Date: Saturday, July 4, 2020
- NEW THIS YEAR! The Main Event is at Miner’s Park from 4 p.m.- 10:30 p.m. (170 Grant Ave).
- The Parade is from 10 a.m. to noon.
- The Fireworks Display starts at 9:30 p.m. and will be visible from Miner’s Park.
About the Event
Start the day with a slice of Americana at our parade, which weaves its way through Historic Firestone. Come back to Miners Park for our evening event which will include a Maker’s Mart area, featuring handcrafted goods from local artisans. New this year, beer will be available for purchase in our Beer Garden. Enjoy a variety of free activities and live music that is synonymous with this event. Top off the night with our fabulous fireworks display!
The parade weaves its way from Thunder Valley K-8 through Historic Firestone to Miners Park for the celebration. Floats, decorated vehicle displays, marching bands, classic cars, motorcycles and more will compile a parade lineup that residents and festival attendees will not want to miss. This is the perfect time for people to show their American pride by lining the streets in celebration.
All parade entries are free of charge, but an application must be submitted. Parade application deadline is Friday, June 12, 2020, no later than 5:00 p.m. Complete the online application here.
The Makers Market will include a showcase of hand crafted goods, artists, writers, photographers, collectors, designers, builders and more. Come be inspired by the eclectic collection of artisans and discover some unique products to purchase and enjoy.
Free activities will include a climbing wall, bungee trampoline, inflatable jumps, laser tag arena, face painting, horseshoes, games and more!
Enjoy a delicious meal or a festival dessert in our Food Truck area and grab a beverage in our beer garden while listening to outstanding live entertainment including a popular headlining act!
Another highlight of the event for the holiday will include the presentation of the colors by the Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District Color Guard and recognition of local veterans.
Don’t miss a spectacular fireworks display to wrap up a great day of celebration. The Fireworks Display starts at 9:30 p.m. and will be best viewed from Miner’s Park.
BE A PART OF THE 4TH AT FIRESTONE:
SPONSORSHIP, VENDOR & VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
Supporting Firestone community events through a sponsorship not only allows businesses and organizations to gain regional visibility, but it strengthens community relations and allows the event to flourish. The 4th at Firestone has many event sponsorship opportunities available, including direct activity sponsorship’s. View all sponsorship opportunities here.
- Makers Market - This is a juried acceptance process so please apply early. Makers will be juried on criteria including product quality and uniqueness and booth display. Applications must meet all criteria listed and include all requirements before submissions will be approved and vetted. Complete the application online here.
- Food Vendors - Food vendors will be limited to the first 12 vendors to sign up with a completed application and paid vendor fee. Food vendor specialties will also be limited and determined by the Events & Programming Coordinator, such as no more than one kettle corn vendor. View and complete the application online here.
- Non Profit - 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations are encouraged to be a part of our event. You will need to provide your EIN/tax-exempt number and a completed application.
Every Summer we seek volunteers, whether individually or in groups, to assist with the 4th of July Parade and our Main Event here in Firestone. Volunteering at the 4th at Firestone has many perks, including free meals, T-Shirts, and the opportunity to assist at one of the largest events in the Carbon Valley area! Visit our volunteer page to see a full list of 2020 events and fill out an application.