Carbon Valley Santa Cops
>> Complete the 2021 Santa Cop Referral form online here <<
Referral forms are due by Friday, November 19, 2021.
Late and incomplete referrals will not be approved.
About the Program
The Carbon Valley Santa Cops program is an annual event in which the Firestone, Frederick and Dacono Police Departments provide a gift, warm winter clothing and necessities to underrepresented children in the Carbon Valley area during the holiday season.
Starting each fall, this nonprofit program is made possible because of generous businesses and individuals who donate gifts and money to benefit children and families. By early December with all the shopping complete, volunteers and local officers come together for a day of wrapping before gifts are delivered to the children by mid-December.
How Can You Help?
- Nominate a Family: If you’re aware of a family in need, please contact the Firestone Police Department for a nomination form.
- Give a Gift: Purchase an unwrapped child’s toy/clothing for ages birth to 16 years and return it to the Firestone Police Department.
- Host a Drive: Host a drive at your business or organization to collect toys, hats and gloves, school supplies and more.
- Donate: Drop by any local police department during regular business hours to make a contribution by cash or check. You can also mail a check to the Firestone Police Department, 9900 Park Avenue, Firestone, CO 80504.
- Sponsor a Family: Contact the Firestone Police Department by calling 303-833-0811 for more details on families who need a sponsor.
- Sharing Tree: Pick a special ornament from the Police Station holiday tree (available in November) and purchase a gift. Return the gift by the date listed on the ornament. Gifts may either be returned wrapped or unwrapped.
The Santa Cops program is a nonprofit program with limited funding and intended only for those who are truly in need. All referrals will be reviewed and undergo an approval process; not all applicants will qualify.