COVID-19 Update: Municipal Court Open
The Firestone Municipal Court is open. Those who have received a summons, are expected to appear in court on their scheduled date.
If you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, have been tested as positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus; DO NOT come into Court. Call the court staff at 303-833-0811 ext.3813 for assistance to resolve your case without requiring you to appear in person.
The Firestone Municipal Court serves as the Judiciary branch of the Firestone Town Government. Municipal Court is a lower court which tries criminal Misdemeanors, Petty Offenses, Town Ordinance violations and traffic violations. In most cases, a Plea is entered when a Defendant makes a first appearance for Arraignment.
- Monthly on the 3rd Friday, with exceptions
- Effective July 1, 2022: the Firestone Municipal Court will be held on the 2nd Thursday of every month
- View the Town's calendar for the most updated court dates.
- 8:30 a.m. Traffic
- 9:00 a.m. Reviews
- 10:00 a.m. Interpretations
- 1:00 p.m. Criminal Violations/Code Violations
- 2:00 p.m. Scheduled Trials
Presiding Judge: Stephen A. Jones
Town Prosecutor: Andy Ausmus, 303-694-4248
Advisement to Defendant Concerning Sealing or Expunging Your Records
Adults: Colorado Revised Statute section 24-72-708 et seq. provides that you may be entitled to have your case or conviction sealed.
Juveniles: Colorado Revised statute section 19-1-306 provides that you may be entitled to have your case or conviction expunged.
Certain limitations and time limits apply. For more information and forms visit www.courts.state.co.us or consult with an attorney.
Sealing or Expunging Records
- 30A Advisement for Defendants Regarding Sealing of Your Records
- JDF 477 Advisement for Defendants Regarding Sealing of Your Records and Expungement for Juveniles
Advisement Rights Forms
- Colorado Department of Revenue DMV
- Colorado State Judicial Branch
- Institute for Specialized Alternative Education (ISAE)
- National Curriculum and Training Institute (NCTI)
- Weld County Courts
Before Your Arrive for Court, Check Your Ticket
You may have received a ticket from one of the three Police Departments in the Carbon Valley area - Firestone, Frederick or Dacono. But before you pay that ticket, or arrive for your scheduled court date, check to make sure you arrive at the right Municipality. The tickets issued have a similar appearance, but please look closely to see a the differences that will clarify any questions.