Police Record Requests
Requesting a Firestone Police Department Record
The Firestone Police Department, through its Police Clerk, administers criminal justice records as defined by C.R.S. § 24-72-302. The maintenance, inspection and dissemination of the criminal justice records shall be in accordance with state statutes and the policy and procedures promulgated by the Firestone Police Department. If the records requested are criminal justice records, the requestor must file a records request with the Firestone Police Department.
Fees may apply for record requests as outlined below.
Traffic Accident Reports
The Firestone Police Department offers traffic accident reports online through Docview. Docview is the most trusted provider of accident reports to citizens and insurance carries in the United States. Reports are typically available online within 24 hours, excluding holidays and weekends.
To access the reports by date and incident number, visit www.docview.us.com.
Firestone Police Department Schedule of Fees
All criminal justice records are released in accordance with Colorado Revised Statutes, Open Records Act, Fees Authorized, 24-72-306. Records may be denied for release due to confidentiality of information or other statute mandates.
All minimum initial fees are to be paid as a deposit before the requested service is started. Fees include the research and preparation of the requested record(s) for release. Initial fees (deposits) are not refunded if the release of the requested record is denied.
- VIN Checks - $15 for non-residents
- Photo copies/reports - $0.25 per page (No fee for crime victims)
- Certified copies - $1.25 per page
- Notary fee - $1.25 per page
- Evidence Photos - $15 per CD
- Evidence Audio/Video Recordings - $20 per disc
- Research/Admin fee - 1 Hour Free; $33.50 per hour after the first hour
- Clearance Letters - $10 per document
- Dog Licensing Fee - $5 if spayed or neutered; $10 if unaltered
- Sex Offender: New Registration - $75; Annual/Quarterly Registration - $25
- Insufficient Check - $35
- Traffic Violations - $50 per point per Ordinance 10.04.200
- Request to Seal Records - $65 pursuant to C.R.S. 24-72-702 and 24-72-702.5
- Dog Impounds - Fee determined by the Longmont Humane Society
- Animal Traps - $50 deposit, returned after use
- BRAC - $6