Police Record Requests
Requesting a Firestone Police Department Record
The Firestone Police Department, through its Police Clerk, administers criminal justice records as defined by C.R.S. § 24-72-302. The maintenance, inspection, and dissemination of the criminal justice records shall be in accordance with state statutes and the policy and procedures promulgated by the Firestone Police Department. If the records requested are criminal justice records, the requestor must file a records request with the Firestone Police Department.
- Complete Online Police Public Record Request
- Print Police Public Record Request
- Writeable Police Public Record Request
- Complete Online Body-Worn Camera Video Request
Fees may apply for record requests as outlined below.
Traffic Accident Reports
The Firestone Police Department offers traffic accident reports online through Docview. Docview is the most trusted provider of accident reports to citizens and insurance carriers in the United States. Reports are typically available online within 24 hours, excluding holidays and weekends. To access the reports by date and incident number, visit www.docview.us.com.
Firestone Police Department Schedule of Fees
All criminal justice records are released in accordance with the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act C.R.S. 24-72-301 et seq. Records may be denied for release due to confidentiality of information or other statute mandates.
All minimum initial fees are to be paid as a deposit before the requested service is started. Fees include the research and preparation of the requested record(s) for release.
- VIN Checks - $15 for non-residents (free for residents)
- Photo copies/reports - $5 per report (No fee for crime victims)
- Certified copies - $1.25 per page
- Evidence Photos - $15 per CD
- Evidence Audio/Video Recordings - $15 per CD
- Research/Admin fee - $30 per hour
- Clearance Letters - $10 per document
- Sex Offender: New Registration - $75; Annual/Quarterly Registration - $25
- Insufficient Check - $35
- Request to Seal Records - $65 pursuant to C.R.S. 24-72-708
- Body Worn Camera Research & Redaction Processing - $40 per hour (1 hour minimum, in addition to cost of drive/CD)
- Rush Request Fee - $20 in addition to other fees (due to additional staff time)
For dispatch audio/video recordings or call for service reports, please contact Weld County Communications at 720-652-4222.