The Public Works Department oversees the management of the Town's streets, storm drains, water, and other facilities owned by the Town, as well as maintenance of parks, right-of-ways, and open spaces. The Public Works Department is responsible for the capital improvements, maintenance, and repair of the Town's transportation and utility infrastructure, parks, open spaces, trails, and town-owned fleet and machinery.
The Public Works Department operates within the General Fund, Water Fund, and Stormwater Fund and handles projects within the Capital Projects and Conservation Trust Funds. The Public Works Department is organized into multiple divisions, which provide the means to allocate costs to appropriate service areas. Divisions within Public Works include Parks, Irrigation, Fleet, Streets, Water Resources, Water Operations, and Stormwater Operations.
- Manages and updates Firestone's streets while providing ongoing sustainability through operations and maintenance
- Operates a fleet of snow removal equipment to provide improved snow removal services focusing on driver safety, fast and efficient snow removal, and cost-effective procedures
- Manages water that flows into the Town for residential, commercial, irrigation, and industrial users
- Responsible for improvements and maintenance of all parks, open spaces, and trails owned and maintained by the Town
- Operates efficient irrigation systems in all irrigated areas maintained by the Town
- Manages all town-owned and maintained stormwater infrastructure throughout the Town
- Responsible for the safe upkeep of all town-owned fleet and machinery
Street Lights Outages
To report street light outages, please contact United Power at 303-637-1350 or complete the online form.