Mayor Bobbi Sindelar
What inspired you to run for election and continues to drive your passion to serve as an elected official?
I’ve been a Firestone resident for more than 15 years, and I was elected to the Town Board of Trustees in 2010, and reelected in 2014. As both a resident and Trustee member, I enjoy the opportunity to serve the thriving Firestone community, and I’m excited to be part of the dynamic collaboration that happens with my fellow Board members.
What is your educational and professional background?
I earned both an associate’s and a bachelor’s degree from Mesa University, and I’ve worked in financial planning and investments and have served as a 4.5-rated recreational tennis instructor through the U.S. Tennis Association. I'm currently working in new home sales for a local builder.
What are some of the highlights of your accomplishments while serving as a Firestone Board member?
I’ve held a lot of positions while serving the Town as:
- Mayor Pro Tem
- Member of the Firestone Urban Renewal Authority
- Member of the Liquor Authority
- Liaison to the Colorado Municipal League
- Liaison to the National League of Cities
- Chair/Vice Chairwoman of the Planning Commission
- Chairwoman of the Board of Adjustment
- Board Representative of the Parks, Trails & Recreation Advisory Board
- Board Representative of the Cultural Committee
What are your passions in and out of the Town, and how do you apply them to your position?
My husband Mike, our four children and I enjoy making avid use of our community’s wonderful amenities, including our parks, shops, schools and more. I appreciate the excellent quality of life we are blessed with as Firestone residents.