Current Development Projects
The following is a list of active developments in the Town of Firestone. For detailed final development plans, click here Version OptionsCurrent Development ProjectsHeadline. Please note all development plans may not be available at the current time.
- Turner Commons - Northwest Corner of I-25 & Highway 119
- QuikTrip convenience store with a fueling station opened to the public on June 16, 2022. The Firestone store is the first QT in Colorado and has exceeded corporate sales projections in terms of fuel and in the store.
- Firestone City Centre - Southeast Corner of E. I-25 Frontage Road & Firestone Boulevard
- Firestone City Centre North - Northeast Corner of E. I-25 Frontage Road & Firestone Boulevard
- Grading is underway for approximately 10 retail pad sites on the north side of Firestone Blvd. No tenants have been announced yet but negotiations have begun.
- High Plains Marketplace - Southeast Corner of Colorado & Firestone Boulevards
- Oak Meadows Village - Northeast Corner of Colorado & Firestone Boulevards
- Primrose Schools publicly announced the company's plan for a new early education school in Firestone and expects to break ground in early 2024.
- Firestone Crossing - Southwest Corner of Colorado & Firestone Boulevards
- Del Camino Business Park - E. I-25 Frontage Road north of Firestone Boulevard
- Sprocket Innovation Campus - a 20,000+ square foot flex-commercial building has completed its shell construction north of Centennial Lending. It is now leasing and selling units as small as 2,029 square feet with mezzanines. Revive Dental opened in May 2023 and Pawz Veterinary Clinic will be joining later in 2023. A salon and and an endodontist will be joining the building in early 2024.
- Safeway Center - Northeast Corner of Colorado Boulevard & Grant Avenue
- The Kindly Made Cup has replaced Stirlini Coffee.
- A 1,200 square foot unit is available for lease as Zadel Realty has shifted to operating remotely after serving the Carbon Valley with a commercial space for over 40 years.
- A new restaurant project, named Maria Bonita, has broken ground south of Pepper's Fireside Grill. The building will be two-stories and offer outdoor dining areas.
- Firelight Park - Northeast Corner of Highway 119 & Fairview (CR 3)
- Ziggi's Coffee has proposed and announced a second store in Firestone at the hard corner of the intersection. The new store is anticipated to open in the first half of 2024.
- Additional pad sites are available.
Residential & Multi-Family Construction
- East I-25 Frontage Road, north of Firestone Blvd/Hwy 119, south of Hwy. 66
- Current Builders: Brookfield Residential, Lennar
- Oak Meadows Parkway, North of Firestone Blvd.
- Builder: Innovative Development Holdings
- Sable Boulevard, East of I-25 Frontage Road
- Builder: DR Horton offering single-family detached homes for lease.
- Northwest Corner of Firestone Blvd. and Frontier (CR 15)
- Builder: TBD
Current Development Applications
View the most current Accepted Development Review Applications here Version OptionsCurrent Development ProjectsHeadline Current Development Applications Current Development Applications Current Development Applications Current Development Applications Current Development Applications Current Development Applications Current Development Applications Current Development Applications Current Development Applications Current Development Applications.
The Accepted Development Review Applications spreadsheet includes land use applications accepted by the Town of Firestone’s Planning & Development Department. This document is updated weekly, typically on Wednesday mornings. Highlighted in yellow, are applications that are new that week. Those that are highlighted in green show changes in status.
Applications with "Quasi-Judicial" in the Authority/Procedure column, indicate that they will follow Quasi-Judicial procedures. Please visit the Quasi-Judicial page for more details on the procedure and Frequently Asked Questions.