State of Colorado OEDIT
Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) works with statewide partners to create a positive business climate that encourages dynamic economic development and sustainable job growth, striving to advance the state's economy through financial and technical assistance in support of local and regional activities.
OEDIT hosts programs and services to support business development at all levels including business retention, relocation and funding. The divisions of the agency are:
- Colorado Business Funding and Incentives - assists businesses considering relocating to or expanding within Colorado with various State level funding programs through tax credits, incentives, and/or tax rebates.
- Colorado Creative Industries - offers grants, programs and opportunities for the creative sectors.
- Colorado Global Business Development
- Colorado Minority Business Office - assists minority-, women- and veteran-owned businesses navigate the complex world of certifications and government contracting.
- Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media - provides incentives, location and crew guidance, hosts film festivals, education assistance, as well as promotes Colorado as a great filming location.
- Colorado Outdoor Recreation Industry Office - is a central contact providing advocacy and resources for recreation businesses and communities to access funding, education programs, workforce, and promote the benefits of recreation.
- Colorado Small Business Development Center - provides no-cost consulting and free- or low-cost training for small businesses.
- Colorado Tourism Office - promotes Colorado to travelers through domestic and international marketing, public relations, social media, and websites, as well as provides traveler services at Colorado Welcome Centers.
Funding and tax credit programs available through OEDIT are designed to connect higher education partners with businesses in the private sector to promote economic growth within these systems.
- Colorado First and Existing Industry is a customized job training program that focuses on companies relocating to or expanding in Colorado and provides funds for net new hires.
- Advanced Industries Proof of Concept Grant: This grant uses funding to identify and pull technologies from research institutions where they were discovered and connect them to the private sector where they can be developed into products for commercialization.