Temporary Road Closure of WCR 9½
Beginning at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, March 16, 2020 a portion of the I-25 East Frontage Road (WCR 9½) will be temporarily closed between WCR 24½ and Barefoot Lakes Parkway until Friday, April 24, 2020.
The purpose of the closure will be to complete repairs to the bridge over the St. Vrain River. The south expansion joint on the bridge has failed and needs to be replaced. The system has been stabilized by Public Works and is under regular monitoring, but needs to be replaced before temperatures start to get too warm and the bridge begins to expand in the summer heat.
The marked detour route will be as follows:
- North on I-25 East Frontage Road (WCR 9½) to HWY 66
- East on HWY 66 to Colorado Boulevard
- South on Colorado Boulevard to Firestone Boulevard
- West on Firestone Boulevard to I-25 East Frontage Road (WCR 9½)
- South on I-25 East Frontage Road (WCR 9½) to Firestone Boulevard
- East on Firestone Boulevard to Colorado Boulevard
- North on Colorado Boulevard to HWY 66
- West on HWY 66 to I-25 East Frontage Road (WCR 9½)
View a detour map here.
The roadway will be closed beginning at 6:00 a.m on Monday March 16, 2020 and will reopen no later than 7:00 p.m on Friday April 24, 2020.