Solicitations & Scams
Anytime the area has a damaging storm, it is common for an increase in solicitations and scams for roof repairs and other home and auto repairs. The Town of Firestone and Firestone Police Department wants to remind residents to stay vigilant and be aware of these possibilities.
Below are a few tips and reminders:
- Solicitation door-to-door is allowed within the Town of Firestone unless you have a notice clearly posted on your property that prohibits it.
- If you need to file an insurance claim, contact your insurance company by calling your local agent or the company directly using the phone number on your account paperwork.
- If you get a phone call or a solicitor at home about an insurance claim or policy, never give out any personal information or agree to any payments or work until you can independently verify the company is legitimate.
If you do need to have repairs done, please remember:
- Any contractor performing work on your property, including roofers, must be licensed with the Town of Firestone and should always obtain a permit to complete any work.
- Is your contractor licensed? Click here to review our online portal. To search for a contractor who is licensed, click on “Search for a License.”
- Do you have questions about permits? Email the Building Division at Building@firestoneco.gov.
- Always get more than one estimate. Don’t be pushed into signing a contract right away.
- Get everything in writing. Cost, work to be completed, time schedule, guarantees, payment schedule, and other expectations should be detailed.
- Never pay a contractor in full or sign a completion certificate until the work is completed.
More Information & Resources