Town of Firestone Municipal Election: Tuesday, April 5, 2022
The Town of Firestone will conduct its Regular Municipal Election on Tuesday, April 5, 2022. All ballots will be mailed to registered voters. Ballots will be mailed the week of March 14, 2022.
During this election, registered voters in Firestone will be electing a Mayor and three (3) Trustees. The Mayor will be elected to serve a two-year term and three Trustees will be elected to serve four-year terms.
Candidate Information & Important Dates
Read more information about becoming a candidate and important dates here.
|Important Dates for Candidates|
|Candidate Informational Meeting||January 3, 2022|
|First day petition may be circulated||January 4, 2022|
|Last day to file nomination petition||January 24, 2022|
|Last day to amend nomination petition||January 31, 2022|
|Last day to withdraw petition||February 1, 2022|
More Election Information
The Town of Firestone holds a regular municipal election the first Tuesday of April in every even-numbered year. The mayor, who serves a two-year term, is up for election at every regular municipal election. Board of Trustees members serve four-year staggered terms; at every regular election there will be three out of the six who are up for election.
From time to time, the Town may participate in coordinated elections held by Weld County. These elections take place in November of any given year. To find out more about voting locations, important dates or to check your voter registration information for coordinated elections, contact the Weld County Clerk and Recorder.
County & State Election Information
- Weld County Clerk & Recorder
1401 North 17th Ave., Greeley, CO 80631
- Colorado Election Information
- Online: Register to vote online at www.govotecolorado.com
- In Person: Register in person at the Weld County Election Office, 1401 N. 17th Ave., Greeley, CO 80631, or any designated Voter Service and Polling Location up to and including Election Day.
- Already Registered?
- To verify you are registered, visit www.govotecolorado.com
- Update or change your voter registration information online through the Colorado Secretary of State
- To register to vote in this election you must be a United States citizen and be at least 18 years-old on or before the date of the election
Political Sign Code
According to the Firestone Municipal Code, Section 17.31.030(N), election/campaign signs do not require a permit as long as they are located on private property and provided that:
- The size and location of those signs do not create a hazard for automobile or pedestrian traffic or public nuisance
- All such signs are removed within one week after the elections to which they relate