Home Improvement Programs
The Town of Firestone strives to be a community where residents, regardless of age, mobility, or income, are comfortable and safe in their homes. With that goal in mind, the Town has partnered with Brothers Redevelopment, Inc., to serve households within the Town of Firestone to facilitate minor housing rehabilitation projects and to help coordinate a day of service for households in need.
Minor Home Repair Program
Brothers Redevelopment, Inc., is accepting applications from income-qualified homeowners, who need assistance making necessary health and safety repairs to their homes. Applications will be processed on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS until funds have been depleted. This service is funded by the Town of Firestone and by a grant from the Weld County CDBG Program.
- You must own a home within the Town of Firestone.
- You must have homeowner’s insurance.
- You must be current with your mortgage.
- Your household income must be below 80% Area Median Income for Weld County.
|1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
- ID of everyone in household over the age of 18.
- Proof of gross monthly income for everyone in household such as Social Security Award Letter. If employed, please provide 2 current pay stubs.
- Any additional proof of income such as alimony, child support or income generated from other assets such as a pension.
- Most current tax return, or if you no longer submit tax returns please fill out the enclosed affidavit.
- If self-employed, 2 years most recent tax returns and a profit and loss statement.
- 2 months of bank statements for all adults in the household and for all bank accounts (every page required, including blank pages).
- Mortgage statement or release of deed of trust if home is paid off.
- Homeowners insurance policy declaration page.
- 1 household bill: utility, trash, water, etc.
- Minor Home Repair Program Application
- Submit completed application, along with all required documents above to:
2250 Eaton Street - Garden Level B, Denver, CO 80214
Phone: (303) 685-4225 Fax: (303) 274-1314
- Applications will be accepted as long as funds are still available.
If you need assistance completing the application, we’re here to help!
Contact John Frahm, Neighborhood Services Officer at 303-833-3291, ext. 5516
Friends of Firestone Day of Service: September 23, 2023
The Town of Firestone’s first annual Friends of Firestone – Day of Service project aims to bring volunteers and neighbors together to help homeowners in need of minor exterior home repairs, painting, and general yard clean-up.
The Day of Service is scheduled for Saturday, September 23, 2023.
Projects will be selected based on need and available resources. Any resident who would benefit from this program is encouraged to apply. The below qualifications outline the general target recipients, but not all criteria are strict requirements.
- You must own and occupy a home within the Town of Firestone (required).
- You are at least 60 years old, or you are physically disabled.
- You are on a limited income and cannot afford to hire someone to complete necessary outdoor repairs, painting, or yard work at your home.
- Complete the Day of Service Online Application, or
- Download, print and complete the Day of Service Application [PDF], and deliver it, along with all required documents above to:
9950 Park Ave., Firestone, CO 80504 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2023 applications will be accepted through August 23, 2023
- Once your application is reviewed, staff from Brothers Redevelopment, Inc. will contact you to discuss the next steps
The Day of Service is reliant on volunteers to be successful. Any groups or individuals who wish to spend the day giving back to their community are asked to register. Learn more about the Friends of Firestone Day of Service Volunteer Program here Version OptionsHome Improvement ProgramsHeadline.