Right of Way Permits

The Engineering Division issues several permits related to construction and transportation in an effort to safeguard the health and welfare of the public, and to protect public property.  Permits include: Right of Water Permits, Stormwater Quality Permits, Overweight/Oversized Vehicle Permits, and Floodplain Development Permits.

Right of Way Permit

Any work on or within Town of Firestone property, including Town right of way and easements, requires a Right of Way Permit prior to work commencing.  A Right-of-way permit costs $200 with additional fees and surety requirements depending on the activity.  Refer to section 153.00 of the Town’s Standards and Specifications for additional requirements.  A Right of Way Permit is required when:

  • Street Occupancy/Road Closure – when any part of the Town’s right of way needs to be closed.
  • Street Occupancy/Traffic Control – when temporary traffic control needs to be installed in the Town’s right of way.
  • Street Cut/Right of Way - when the roadway surface is disturbed for repair or installation of a utility or public improvement.
  • Town Property Occupancy – when any part of a Town property, right of way, or easement is occupied for the installation or maintenance of either public or private utilities or improvements.

  • Right of Way Permit Application
  • Applications will be processed electronically and can be submitted to: nhaasis@firestoneco.gov

Overweight/Oversized Vehicle Permit

The use of a vehicle the exceeds legal size and/or weight limits within the municipal limits of the Town of Firestone requires an Overweight/Oversized Vehicle Permit.

Stormwater Quality Permit

The Town of Firestone requires construction activities larger than one acre or smaller than one acre but part of a larger common plan of development to first obtain a Stormwater Quality Permit prior to the start of construction.  Additional information on Stormwater Quality Permits can be found here.

Contractor Licenses

Any contractor working in the Town of Firestone is required to obtain a contractor’s license with the Town of Firestone.  Verification of a valid contractor’s license will be done prior to the issuance of any permit.  Additional information on contractor’s licenses can be found here.

Floodplain Development Permit

A Floodplain Development Permit is required for any construction or development proposed in a Floodplain in the Town of Firestone.  FEMA defines development as “any man-made change to improved or un-improved real estate, including but not limited to buildings or other structures, mining, dredging, filling, grading, paving, excavation or drilling operations, or storage of equipment and materials.” The Floodplain Development Permit is required prior to issuance of a building permit, right-of-way permit, or Stormwater Quality permit, and any other development, use, or change of the use of land located in the Floodplain. The Floodplain Development Permit is required in addition to other permits or review processes, which may be associated with the underlying zone district. All activities, regardless of impact, need to be permitted even if there are no apparent or adverse impacts to the floodplain.   For such instances, a No-Rise Certification sign by a Colorado licensed Professional Engineer may be required with the Floodplain Development Permit. 

  1. Matt Wiederspahn

    Town Engineer

  2. Nate Haasis

    Senior Civil Engineer